Target 8 takes you inside the investigation into a brutal 2019 double murder as the feds search for their killer, one of the 15 most wanted suspects in America. (Feb. 8, 2022)
Investigators believe they have positively identified the human remains found down an embankment in Lake Elsinore in 1986 as those of a woman who had been reported missing to Tustin police in 1977, Riverside County District Attorney’s office officials said.
The remains were found along Ortega Highway by a Caltrans crew doing survey work, and were reported to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department. At the time, sheriff’s investigators determined the person had been shot in the head, but could not identify the person or any suspects at the time, a news release said.
In August 2021, the Cold Case Homicide Team exhumed several remains in cold case homicides and the remains found in 1986 were among those sent to a Department of Justice lab for possible DNA comparison.
Linda LeBeau, who was also known as Linda Louise Durnall, was divorced and reported missing to the Tustin Police Department by her boyfriend in 1977. At the time of her disappearance, she was 27 years old and police investigators were not able to resolve the case, a news release said.
The remains were positively matched to LeBeau through a familial DNA match in the Department of Justice’s Missing Unidentified Persons database.
Tustin police have followed multiple leads in the case, which has remained an open investigation.
The Regional Cold Case Homicide Team is comprised of members of the DA’s Office Bureau of Investigation, the Riverside County Sheriff-Coroner Department, the FBI and the Riverside Police Department.
Source: OC Register
A RAPPER was allegedly still alive when his wife chopped him up using a knife and hacksaw before she fed pieces of his body to rats.
Andy Cartwright was allegedly killed by his wife Marina Kokhal at their home in St Petersburg in a case that his shocked Russia.
Marina has admitted to dismembering Andy’s body – but claimed he died of a drug overdose and denies murdering him.
She claims she chopped up the 30-year-old’s remains so his fans would never know he had died such an “inglorious” death – and planned to report him as a missing person.
The 37-year-old remains the only suspect in the case and is currently under house arrest pending investigation.
His death came after she discovered he was having an affair with a 26-year-old fan.
Despite law enforcement’s efforts however, there was no evidence that she killed him.
But new forensic evidence suggests that Andy was still alive when he was dismembered and that he died from oxygen starvation, reports Russian media.
The bizarre case had been labelled in the press the “perfect murder” due to the lack of evidence and mysterious circumstances surrounding his death.
Sources told Russian media that Andy – real name Alexander Yushko – was in a state of “pronounced hypoxia” before he died.
Many of his organs were disposed of by Kokhal but the latest scientific evidence indicates the dismembering “occurred shortly – a few minutes, dozens of minutes – before death”.
Earlier, investigators had believed he died from an injection of a hard-to-trace insulin substitute drug intended for diabetics.
After she was held, Kokhal’s lawyers told how she was initially accused by detectives of “drinking her dead husband’s blood and having sex with his corpse”.
Some body parts were located in her fridge, others in bin liners intended for disposal, while his fingertips were fed to rats in the yard outside, it is alleged.
Forensic experts say eight key organs were unavailable to them, namely his stomach, pancreas, oesophagus, gall and urinary bladders, intestines, adrenal glands, and prostate gland.
They were either missing or had been put through a washing machine, it was reported.
According to Komsomolskaya Pravda, “not a drop of blood” was found in his remaining body parts – yet he had a critically low level of glucose perhaps due to “drug administration”.
Marina and Andy’s child has been sent to an orphanage while the investigation continues – with the case due to return to court this month.
Defence lawyers earlier claimed that Kokhal was quizzed on “disgusting” and “sick” claims.
They said she was asked: “Did you taste his blood?”
And it was alleged she “had sex with the corpse”.
Her defence claimed this questioning amounted to illegal coercion to testify by use of threats which allegedly included taunts that investigators would find a “good orphanage” for her infant son when she was jailed.
Source: The Sun
In this clip, TK Kirkland and Vlad discussed how pervasive and pernicious the “No Snitching” code is for people from the streets. They talked about how the Mafia is heralded as the prime example of honor but the reality is they snitched on one another quite often. Ultimately, TK and Vlad suggest the code is irrational because people will always do what’s in their best self-interest.
Ronnie Oneal III, a man who went viral after giving a speech in court while acting as his own lawyer last week, has been found guilty of multiple charges, including two counts of murder, attempted murder, arson and child abuse.
According to a Monday report (June 21) from the Tampa Bay Times, a jury has found Oneal guilty on two charges of first-degree murder for the March 2018 killings of his girlfriend and their daughter, who was only nine at the time. He was also convicted on a charge of attempted murder for stabbing their then-8-year-old son, a charge of arson for setting their house on fire and two more charges of aggravated child abuse.
Prosecutors say Oneal shot his girlfriend, Kenyatta Barron, in the shoulder with a shotgun before she ran outside and onto her neighbors’ yard. It was then, prosecutors say, that Oneal beat her with the shotgun. After that, they say that he re-entered their home and ragged his daughter, who suffered from cerebral palsy, from her bed before attacking her with a hatchet before cutting his son with a knife and pouring gasoline around their house and setting it on fire. Barron and their daughter died of their injuries, and their son has been adopted by one of the homicide detectives assigned to work this case.
For his part, Oneal insisted that he defended himself during the trial, and he claimed that he ‘d shot Barron after she attacked both of their children. As part of his defense, he also claimed that government officials altered the evidence so that it would work against him.
Although Oneal acted as his own attorney, three public defenders were standing nearby and it’s being reported that they whispered advice to him at points during the trial. Before court adjourned for the day, the judge advised Oneal to have a trained lawyer represent him, but he apparently didn’t make a decision at that moment.
Now that he’s been convicted of several charges, prosecutors are reportedly looking to seek the death penalty for Oneal.
What we aren’t taught about the Black Panther Party.
Michigan man Ryan Le-Nguyen has been released on bond after he shot and injured a six-year-old Black boy who attempted to retrieve his bike from a yard.
FOX 2 Detroit reports that Le-Nguyen threatened the young boy, Coby, with a sledgehammer before firing a shot at the child from the front window of his house. The boy’s father, Arnold Daniel, said his children were playing outside on their bikes in Ypsilanti Township, Michigan, when they left their bikes in front of one of their neighbors’ home. When Coby attempted to retrieve the bike, he said that Le-Nguyen came out with a sledgehammer in his hands.
“He tried hitting me with a sledgehammer but that’s not going to work because I’m too fast,” Coby said. “[He] got a gun and BOOM shot me right here.” Thankfully, the boy only sustained injuries during the shooting, and the bullet went through his arm. He’s currently back at home and is recovering from his injuries, from which he is expected to be okay. Le-Nguyen was arrested and charged with assault with intent to murder, but he was released on a $10,000 bond just three days later.
While Coby appears to be in high spirits following the incident, his father is still confused as to why he was released on a bond “so low for trying to kill my kid.”
“Right now, he’s not even processing what happened. He doesn’t realize how close he came to not being here… But I realize it,” he added. Le-Nguyen has been told he is not to return home, but Daniel said he’s still concerned “because I don’t know what he’s capable of.”
It’s been 100 years since the Tulsa race massacre, one of the worst acts of racial violence in US history. Commemorations honoring the victims have not only brought more attention to the atrocity; they have also revealed a deep national divide over what justice looks like, and whether reparations should be part of it.
Police are searching for a gunman after a 6-year-old boy on his way to school was shot and killed during a road-rage attack on the 55 Freeway in Orange on Friday morning, May 21, the California Highway Patrol said.
The boy’s mother was driving a silver Chevrolet Sonic north on the 55 Freeway near Chapman Avenue at about 8 a.m. when her car was hit by gunfire, said Officer Florentino Olivera, a CHP spokesman.
The boy, in a booster seat in the back seat, was struck. He was taken to Children’s Hospital of Orange County in Orange, where he died, Olivera said. His family lives in Costa Mesa.
The woman was not reported injured. She was the only other person in the car.
The shot came from a newer white sedan, possibly a “Volkswagen wagon sedan,” that fled north on the 55 and was still being sought, Olivera said.
“It’s an isolated road-rage behavior,” he said.
Reyes and Joanna Valdivia of Orange had just dropped off their two children at school and entered the freeway when they saw the Chevrolet on the shoulder near Chapman Avenue.
“My wife noticed a lady pulling her son out and dropping to the ground with her son in her arms,” Reyes Valdivia said.
When they stopped to help, Valdivia said, the woman told them that she had “flipped off” the driver of the white sedan after the driver cut her off in the carpool lane.
The woman told Valdivia that when she moved to the right, the white sedan, with a man and woman inside, slipped in behind her and someone opened fire, Valdivia recounted.
Olivera would not specifically describe the incident.
Valdivia said there was a bullet hole in the trunk and that the boy appeared to have been shot in the back. Other good Samaritans pulled over to help, including an off-duty police officer who performed CPR on the boy, Valdivia said.
Joanna Valdivia said the woman, “walking aimlessly” on the freeway shoulder, appeared to be in shock.
“She was hysterical, screaming,” she said.
Relatives said the boy’s name was Aiden, and his death has devastated the family.
“My mom, there was a road-rage on the freeway, and someone pulled out a gun and shot my little brother in the stomach,” the boy’s 15-year-old sister, Alexis Cloonan, told reporters.
“He was only 6, and he was so sweet,” Alexis said through tears. “He was a very, very loving boy. So please, help us find who did this to him.”
The boy’s uncle, John Cloonan, said the family wanted to speak out so the shooter “can see what you’ve done to this family.”
Investigators formed a line the width of the freeway, searching for evidence of the shooting, as traffic was diverted off the northbound 55 to the westbound 22 Freeway. The 55 reopened at about 11:30 a.m.
Mindy Daffron, a crisis team manager with the Orange County chapter of the Trauma Intervention Program, which provides resources to victims of crimes and fires, said her organization was assisting the family.
Olivera was emphatic that Friday’s shooting was not related to the gunfire that has traumatized freeway motorists in the past couple of months. At least 50 cars have been shot at with BB or pellet guns, leaving bullet holes and smashed windows, mostly along the 91 Freeway in Riverside and Orange counties.
Those incidents were different in that motorists did not engage one another before shots were fired, the CHP has said.
The CHP has expanded its patrols as a result of those incidents but has not announced any arrests.
Olivera asked that anyone who was traveling the northbound 55 between the 22 and Chapman from 7:55 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. on Friday who saw anything out of the ordinary or who has dashcam or cellphone video call Investigator Kevin Futrell at the CHP Santa Ana office at 714-567-6000.
A family member of the boy has set up a GoFundMe account.
Source: The OC Register
A fundraiser created for Shane Nguyen, a 55-year-old Indiana man who was found brutally murdered on Sunday, has raised more than $90,000 in less than 24 hours.
Nguyen’s body was found dismembered in the back of his own van in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on April 25, two days after he was reported missing by family and friends. According to a police affidavit, Nguyen died of blunt force to the head. His body was then dismembered and placed in plastic trash bags, as suspects involved in his murder attempted to hide the evidence and flee in his vehicle, the Associated Press reported.
Fort Wayne Police have since identified three suspects as 21-year-old Matthew Cramer, 20-year-old Jacob D. Carreon-Hamilton, and 20-year-old Cody Clements, who are each in custody.
On Tuesday, Nguyen’s cousin, Tran Hoang, created a GoFundMe page to support his wife and two children.
“Shane was a loving father, husband, and a beloved member of every community he touched. His work days were spent serving food to the public, working long hours out of a roaming food truck while waving and smiling to those he passed on the road. His spare time was dedicated to his family and to volunteering activities, where he was an active member of the local church, choir, and Bishop Dwenger band. He’ll always be remembered for being kind, welcoming, and available to help anyone in need,” Hoang wrote on the page.
“Shane was a small business owner and the primary source of income for his family. His family is devastated by this tragedy and are struggling to piece their lives together amidst the investigations and preparations for the funeral.”
By Wednesday afternoon, the page had raised $90,907 in just 20 hours.
Nguyen’s body was discovered on Sunday inside of a crashed vehicle, after police issued a missing persons report for him on Friday. Cramer told police that he encountered Nguyen when he asked him for a ride from Elkhart, Indiana, back to Fort Wayne, according to the police affidavit, the Associated Press reported.
Cramer said he had planned to kill Nguyen before they reached Fort Wayne, and told investigators that they went to a storage unit where he choked Nguyen until he fell unconscious. Cramer said he then slammed Nguyen’s head on the pavement, left his body in the storage unit, and drove to nearby stores to purchase items with Carreon-Hamilton and Clements.
Receipts showed that the men purchased tarps, a hacksaw, and a large knife. Cramer and Carreon-Hamilton then dropped off Clements before returning to Fort Wayne, where Cramer told police he used a knife to cut Nguyen’s body while Carreon-Hamilton held him down.
The two men then then loaded Nguyen’s body into the back of the van to dispose of it when they were discovered by police, the affidavit said.
Cramer has since been charged with murder, resisting law enforcement, and abuse of a corpse. Carreon-Hamilton is charged with assisting a criminal, resisting law enforcement, and abuse of a corpse, the Associated Press reported. No charges have yet been announced for Clements.