Jamie Bisceglia took the fateful picture on August 2nd at a Tacoma Narrows fishing derby. Some fishermen she met up with had hooked the octopus, and she decided to take a picture with it attached to her face for the derby’s photo contest. “It was a photo contest in the derby,” she told the news station. “So, crazy me, hindsight now and looking back, I probably made a big mistake.”
Once the octopus had latched onto her face with its tentacles, it bit her in the cheek twice, injecting venom that left Bisceglia in “incredible pain.” Her face swelled up and, after 2 days of holding out in the hopes that the pain or swelling might fade, she finally went to the ER.
Source: KIRO 7