Iconic fashion designer Alexander Wang is facing multiple sexual assault allegations, with survivors on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter detailing the designer’s reportedly predatory and substance-fueled behavior.
First viral allegation: Wang’s alleged history of sexual abuse began to emerge after model Owen Mooney answered a question from another TikTok user about the “weirdest seeing a celebrity in public experience” on December 11, detailing a 2017 incident at a club where he claims he was groped.
In his first TikTok, Mooney answered without naming the celebrity: ”By weird, I guess, being sexually assaulted by one counts, right? Because in 2017, I was in a club in New York City, and me and a bunch of mates, we went to watch the rapper Cupcake. And the club was just hectic, it was so packed, you could not move, and I was by myself at one point and this guy next to me obviously took advantage of the fact that no one could f**king move. And he just started touching me up, fully up my leg, in my crotch, it made me freeze completely because I was in so much shock. And then I looked to my left to see who it was and it was this really famous fashion designer and I just couldn’t believe that he was doing that to me, it made me go into even more shock. It was really f**ked up, and I just had to slowly move myself away.”
In a follow up TikTok on December 12 after other users began guessing who the celebrity was, Mooney revealed the celebrity he was speaking of to be Alexander Wang: ”So I thought in the previous video, the better thing to do was just to not mention any names, but this comment surprised me just because they actually got it right and turns out, Alexander Wang is a massive sexual predator, and there’s been a load of people he’s done this to. So, in that case, he needs to be exposed. It’s just really f**cked up that people with this type of status, they think that their power gives them this type of pass to be able to do this to people, but it’s so wrong, and now, anytime I would see his name mentioned or I see him with celebrities that are best friends, it just reminds me of what he did and it’s just a really f**ked up memory to have, so he just needs to be cancelled.”
Shit Model Management Posts: Mooney’s TikTok went viral with over 19K views after it was shared by fashion watchdog groups Shit Model Management and Diet Prada on Instagram on Monday.
- Anonymous users have since come forward to Diet Prada and Shit Model Management, which wrote: “Alexander Wang is an alleged sexual predator, many male models and trans models have come out and spoken about the alleged sexual abuse that Alexander Wang has inflicted upon them. It is important to show your support to these victims by unfollowing Alexander Wang and boycotting his clothing line.”
- The allegations against Wang include groping, drugging and forcing partygoers to get drunk with him at after parties.
- There have also been repeated allegations from multiple trans women who were groped or had their bodies or genitals exposed to Wang.
- Some accounts accuse Wang giving them water laced with MDMA or “Molly” without them knowing.
Support for survivors: Fashion advocacy group Model Alliance released a statement on Tuesday standing by Wang’s accusers.
- “We at Model Alliance stand in solidarity with those who have shared accusations of sexual abuse by Alexander Wang,” it wrote on Instagram. “Lets be clear: The fashion industry’s lack of transparency and accountability leaves all models vulnerable to abuse, regardless of their sex or gender identity.”
- This is not the first time Wang has been accused of sexual assault. In 2019, rapper Azealia Banks shared anonymous messages sent to her Instagram alleging instances of abuse. The original posts have since been deleted, but screenshots can still be found on Twitter.
- “Alexander Wang sexually assaults transwomen & needs to be brought down,” one anonymous message to Banks read.
- Nick Ward, who made similar allegations as Mooney dating back to the same year, told his story to Insider.
- “As he was passing, he swung, squeezed me, and kept walking,” Ward said of Wang, who he claimed was with a group of people at a DJ set in Brooklyn, New York in 2017, when he “swung his hand and grabbed” his crotch.
- Ward added: “They were moving pretty quickly through, so by the time I realized what happened, I just announced to my friend, ‘that guy just grabbed my dick’ and they’re all like, ‘that was Alexander Wang.’”
- Wang has since turned off the comments section on the latest posts on his personal and professional Instagram accounts as of this writing.